Search This Blog

Friday, August 07, 2015

How to Make Your Everyday Life Feel More Like Vacation



Have you ever returned from a vacation to experience that awful feeling of coming back? It’s not the best attitude to have, but it’s easy to get anxious when vacations go by so fast. Before you know it, you’re stuck in the same grind you were in before you left. Do you want to avoid that?


Mental distance is easier on vacation—out of sight, out of mind. But when your everyday life and your work are in front of you, it’s harder. To take a proper break, I’ve found that the key is to distance myself physically so I can distance myself mentally. Here’s what helps:
  • Take breaks in a natural, outdoor setting: A 2008 study published in Psychological Science found that subjects perform cognitively better after spending time in a calm, natural setting.
  • Schedule lunch with a friend: A social obligation helps force me out of work-mode (unless I talk about work, which I try not to do).
  • Ease into the break: An hour before my break, I switch to my laptop or work somewhere that’s not my home office. It’s easier to take a break when I’m detached from the office area.
  • Leave my phone behind: Otherwise, I’m tempted to check it for time, email, or other distractions. I have to keep track of time on my own, though.
For more on this, go over to LifeHacker.

This Video Tells You How to Optimize Your Vacation Happiness  

Your Fitness Will Be Fine, Go Take That Vacation 

Top 10 Tips for Having a Perfect, Stress-Free Vacation 


What Are the Best Budget Vacation Destinations?  

No comments: