Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

T'was the nite of Thanksgiving

Twas the night of Thanksgiving I just couldn't sleep, 
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.



The food beckoned - the dark meat and white,
but I fought the temptations with all of my might.


Tossing and turning with anticipation, the thought of a snack was infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door, 
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes, pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.



I felt myself swelling so plump and so round, "til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground. 
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky,
with a mouthful of pudding and handful of pie.



But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...



Happy eating to all - pass the cranberries, please. 




May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump,



may your 'tater 'n gravy have narry a lump.
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize,

may your holiday dinner stay off of your thighs.

No comments: